This post is for general informational and educational purposes only and may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please see our Disclosures and Disclaimers.
Chocolate Mint Energy Balls
I love chocolate! It has always been one of my favorite treats. Did you know that chocolate is high in antioxidants and flavonoids, which may protect the heart and enhance brain health. So I love that I can feel good about eating chocolate.
But chocolate that has lots of added sugar is not good for your health. That’s why my favorite source of chocolate is cacao powder. It has a rich taste and bold chocolate flavor without the unwanted sugars and additives commonly found in processed treats.
These Chocolate Mint Energy Balls are a favorite of mine and my kids too! I love them as a delicious dessert treat. Besides being a wonderful treat at home, they are also easy to pack as a nutritious treat for hikes, camping trips, or any travels.
1 cup Shredded Coconut
10-15 Dried Stevia Leaves
⅓ cup Cacao Powder
1 cup Pitted Dates
4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil*
- Add walnuts, shredded coconut, and stevia leaves to the food processor. Pulse until well chopped and it gets sticky.
- Add the cacao powder and pulse until well mixed.
- Then add the pitted dates and pulse until well mixed.
- Turn the food processor on low and add peppermint essential oil from the top hole until well mixed.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and lay out on silicone baking mat on a stainless steel baking pan. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
*When using essential oils in recipes, it’s very important that the
oils you use are certified for human consumption.